Last month Myself and Irina attended an event organised by Pickevent, an online community for event professionals. The topic was about creating and leveraging engaging event content – something that as a blogger I was very interested in! The panel of speakers included our own Irina (The Mice Blog) & fellow National Blog Award winner/Event Journalist Annie Byrne (Exhibitions New), as well as Kim Benjamin (Event Magazine) and Hellen Beveridge (Who’s Who in Events and Pure Rocket Science).
At the event Sli.do, who are a live question and engagement platform, facilitated audience questions and interaction so that we could ask the questions via our phone & then vote for the questions we wanted the panel to answer. Which was a brilliant experience, as it wasn’t as nerve-racking as having to stand up & try to get across your question – at the end of the post is the info graphic that was produced post event to show the most popular questions!
The only thing was so many excellent questions were asked, but unfortunately not all of them could be answer in the hour. This is why Irina and myself decided it would be a great discussion for our #EventBlogChat as is also why there are so many questions for Mondays chat!
The questions are:
- How do you encourage people to respond to posts?
- How do you research what content your audience wants to hear about?
- How much of your time does maintaining your blog take up every day?
- What is the most engaging blog post you ever made or saw??
- How to engage the audience with my content during and after the event?
- Are blogs purely your opinion or from insight/what the industry is interested in?
- Does content sharing during event detract from the event itself
- Should we be embracing event blogs and sharing our knowledge with other event professionals? Or just industry news?
Irina and I look forward to chatting with you all on Monday 3rd of November at 9pm GMT!
Also in case you aren’t following #EventStudents on twitter – an official LinkedIn group is all set up with discussion posts going up every Sunday & there is also a Facebook group with posts going up every Wednesday! If you are a current events student then I highly recommend you join and start networking and connecting!